Indeed 2013 is one of the best years of the history of Mathematics Olympiad in Bangladesh. This year Bangladeshi students have secured 1 Silver Medal and 6 Bronze Medals along with 3 Honorable Mentions, altogether 10 accolades from Asian Pacific Mathematics Olympiad. And Bangladesh as a team has secured 16th position out of 34 participating countries.
Award Winners are:
1. Sourav Das – Silver Medal.
2. Mohammad Nadimul Abrar – Bronze Medal.
3. Md. Zahidul Hasan – Bronze Medal.
4. Nur Muhammad Shafiullah – Bronze Medal.
5. Tahmid Hasan – Bronze Medal.
6. Fahim Ferdous – Bronze Medal.
7. Adib Hasan – Bronze Medal.
8. Ehsanul Kabir – Honorable Mention.
9. Sowmitra Das – Honorable Mention.
10. Sazid Akhter Turzo - Honorable Mention.
The Asian Pacific Mathematics Olympiad (APMO) started from 1989, is a regional mathematics competition which involves countries from the Asian Pacific region. Every year, APMO is held in the morning of the second Tuesday of March for participating countries on the Western Pacific and in Asia.
The APMO contest consists of one four-hour paper consisting of five questions of varying difficulty and each having a maximum score of 7 points. Contestants should not have formally enrolled at a university (or equivalent post-secondary institution) and they must be younger than 20 years of age on the 1st July of the year of the contest.
Check Out APMO OFFICIAL WEBSITE.