The International Physics Olympiad (IPhO) is an annual physics competition for high school students. Each national delegation is made up of at most five student competitors plus two leaders, selected on a national level.
Bangladesh Physics Olympiad
Bangladesh Physics Olympiad Committee organizes BDPhO every year, and selects Bangladesh team for International Physics Olympiad (IPhO). Bangladesh Physics Olympiad usually takes place between November to January. Bangladesh Physics Olympiad has 3 Phases.
Phase I : Divisional Round.
Phase II : National Round.
Phase III: IPhO Team Selection Camp.
Bangladesh Physics Olympiad Website.
Bangladesh Physics Olympiad Facebook Group.
Syllabus of the BDPhO.
Past Papers of the BdPhO.
International Physics Olympiad : Preparation
If you are a beginner you can start with non-calculus physics textbooks:
- "College Physics" by Alan Giambattista, Betty McCarthy Richardson, and Robert C. Richardson
- "Physics", 7th Edition by John D. Cutnell, Kenneth W. Johnson
Study first year level university physics.
- "Physics", Volume 1 & 2 by David Halliday, Robert Resnick and Kenneth S. Krane
- "University Physics with Modern Physics with Mastering Physics™", 12th edition, by Hugh D. Young and Roger A. Freedman
- "Physics for Scientists and Engineers with Modern Physics" by Raymond A. Serway and John W. Jewett, Jr.
- Upgrade Your Physics by The British Physics Olympiad
Interesting Resources for General Physics and Mathematics:
- "Street-Fighting Mathematics" - The Art of Educated Guessing and Opportunistic Problem Solving
- Project PHYSNET PDF Modules - Concise summaries of physics topics with exercises
- Jaan Kalda Resources
- KoMaL Magazine Resources
- Online Physics BRAWL
Textbooks on specific topics:
- "An Introduction to Mechanics" by Kleppner and Kolenkow
- "Classical Mechanics" by John R. Taylor
- "Introduction to Classical Mechanics with Problems and Solutions" by David Morin
- "Classical Dynamics of Particles and Systems" by Jerry B. Marion and Stephen T. Thornton
- "Special Relativity" by A.P. French
- "Vibrations and Waves" by A.P. French
- "Introduction to Electrodynamics, 3rd ed." by David J. Griffiths
- "Electricity and Magnetism" by Edward M. Purcell
- "Electromagnetic Fields and Waves" by Paul Lorrain and Dale Corson
Practice working out theoretical problems
- Past IPhO Papers with Solutions Compilation (1967-2010)
- Past IPhO papers (From 1967 to 2014 - Separated)
- Past APhO papers
- Samples and Past Papers from The British Physics Olympiad
- POPTOR Past Problems and Solutions
- US Physics Olympiad Exams Documents
- BAUPC Exams and Solutions
- Estonian-Finnish Olympiad in Physics
- Hong Kong Physics Olympiad Training Materials
- FYKOS, Charles University, Prague
- "Problems in General Physics" by I. E. Irodov
- Solutions to I. E. Irodov's "Problems in General Physics"
- Physics Problems
- Problem of the Week by David Morin - Harvard Physics
- "Cavendish Problems in Classical Physics" by A.B. Pippard
- "Cambridge Problems in Physics and Advice on Solutions" by P.P. Dendy, R. Tuffnell and C.H.B. Mee
- "200 Puzzling Physics Problems with Hints and Solutions" by Peter Gnadig, Gyula Honyek and Ken Riley
- "Physics by Example - 200 Problems and Solutions" by W.G. Rees
- Selected problems from "A Guide to Physics Problems", Part 1 and Part 2 by Sidney B. Cahn and Boris E. Nadgorny
- "Problems and Solutions on Mechanics" by Yung-Kuo Lim
- "Problems and Solutions on Atomic, Nuclear and Particle Physics" by Yung-Kuo Lim
- "Problems and Solutions on Electromagnetism" by Yung-Kuo Lim
- "Problems and Solutions on Optics : Major American Univ. PhD Qualifying Questions and Solutions" by Yung-Kuo Lim
- "Problems and Solutions on Solid State Physics, Relativity and Miscellaneous Topics" by Yung-Kuo Lim
- "Problems and Solutions on Thermodynamics and Statistical Mechanics" by Yung-Kuo Lim
- Useful Hints for Solving Physics Olympiad Problems
Practice doing experiments
- Past IPhO papers
- Past APhO papers
- Practical Physics, 4th Edition by G. L. Squires
- Student Laboratory Handbook
- An Introduction to Error Analysis, 2nd Edition by John R. Taylor
- Data and Error Analysis Note
Courtesy: How to Prepare for Physics Olympiad